Tuesday, September 6, 2011

You Have a Friend in Me


by Troy Foster

Well, not everyone.  I’m not the most patient man anymore – if I ever was before.  And let’s face it, everyone is not clamoring to be my friend.  The service isn’t what it used to be; so, there hasn’t been a run on the Troy Foster Friendship product line.  No hurt feelings here though, as it’s probably better for all of us.

That said, for those that are my friends, I’ve always thought that word is meaningful and substantive, and full of action – more than the word reveals.  Commitment, attention, love, and loyalty.

And, for me, demonstrative.  I’ve found that often times, people want to just hear that those that they invest in care about them.  You may not be able to help with whatever they are going through.  Maybe you can.  But, at the very least, hearing that you are there, paying attention, and care sometimes can make a big difference.

You do.  So, might as well say it.  Doesn’t cost anything.  Might feel awkward, at first.  But, it may be worth a lot to your friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment