Sunday, January 1, 2012

Oh No He Didn't

By Troy Foster

A few nights ago, I was putting on the fashionable mask for my CPAP machine - because of my sleep apnea.  (Which, by the way, despite the doctor's comments to the contrary, I'm pretty sure that if I can control my eating, I won't need this.)  As the air started to whisk quickly into my face, I smelled a faint scent of root beer.  Ridiculous; it couldn't be.

Just as I was thinking what an awesome invention having scents and flavors for CPAP machines (especially because I'm sure a lot of other folks that love their food have these masks), the root beer was no longer vapor.  Root beer had traveled through the hose and splashed on my face, up my nose and in my mouth.

After a little investigation, I discovered that our almost 2-year old had taken an open root beer can and dumped it into the humidifier compartment on the CPAP.  Perfect.  He's such a nut, but you can't help but smile.  Same kid that decided he had to disrobe at Steak N Shake tonight.

Still thinking about the market for the flavor/scented CPAP.  Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment