Saturday, January 24, 2015

Body Fluids - Whatever

by Troy Foster

I used to be grossed out by random body fluids.  Even the term is disgusting.  Now, with four kids, perspectives change.  I probably have a combination of snot, poop, pee, blood, vomit, bile, and saliva on this “clean” shirt that I just put on this morning. The beauty, however, is that if I spill anything on it – ever – (and I do mean anything) - I have four excuses.  CSI would have a field day with my clothes.

Before I had kids, I gave mouth-to-mouth resuscitation to an old dude that had a heart attack.  And, he threw up in my mouth.  Of course, I did the right thing.  Spit out the throw up and kept going.  He died.  So, it was sad.  But, I was also disgusted that a stranger threw up in my mouth for nothing.


Now, that wouldn’t even phase me.  If anyone is going to have a heart attack, having it around me is a good bet, as I’ll have no hesitation about the mouth-to-mouth.  Can’t guarantee results though.

No comments:

Post a Comment